The Do’s and Don’ts of Installing a Backyard Hockey Rink Kit
When the weather starts to cool down, many people’s thoughts turn to winter activities. One popular option is installing a backyard hockey rink kit. This can be a great way to enjoy some outdoor skating with family and friends, but there are a few things to keep in mind before you get started. A backyard hockey rink kit can range in size from a small, portable rink that can be set up on any level surface to a larger, more permanent structure.
A backyard hockey rink can be a great addition to your home, but there are a few things to keep in mind before you get started. When installing a backyard hockey rink kit there are few key things to keep in mind to ensure a successful install. Here are a some things to keep in mind when doing so:
- Read the instructions carefully before starting. This will help you avoid any mistakes and ensure a successful install. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Make sure you have a level surface to work with. This is important for ensuring a smooth skating surface. If your surface is not level, you can use sand or other materials to level it out.
- Take into account the size of your rink when planning the installation. You will need to make sure you have enough space for the rink, as well as any other backyard features you may want to include.
- Consider insulation when installing your rink. This will help keep the skating surface frozen longer, even in warmer weather. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions when installing insulation.
- Regular maintenance on your rink. This will help extend the life of your rink and keep it looking its best. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for proper care and maintenance.
- Enjoy your new backyard rink! Installing a backyard hockey rink kit can be a great way to enjoy some outdoor skating with family and friends. Just remember to take the time to do it right, and you’ll be skating on your new rink in no time!
- Forget to factor in drainage when installing your rink. Water can quickly ruin a skating surface, so it’s important to make sure any excess water can drain away from the rink.
- Forget to seal the seams of your rink. This will help prevent water from seeping in and ruining the skating surface. You can use a variety of materials to seal the seams, including tape, caulk, or special rink sealant.
- Forget to Anchor your rink. Most backyard hockey rink kits will come with anchoring materials, but it’s always a good idea to double-check before you begin installation. This is especially important if you live in an area with high winds.
- Try to install your rink by yourself. This is a big job, and it’s always best to have help. Ask friends or family for assistance, or hire a professional if needed.
Installing a backyard hockey rink kit can be a great way to enjoy the winter months, but there are a few things to keep in mind before you get started. By following these simple tips, you can ensure a successful install and years of enjoyment. If you have any questions, be sure to consult the manufacturer’s instructions or contact a professional for assistance.
786 Eagle Ridge Trail, Stillwater, MN 55082