10 Ideas for Backyard Ice Rink Lights
It’s no secret that skating is a popular winter activity. What may be less well-known is that you can extend your skating season by using backyard ice rink lights ideas. By adding some simple lights to your rink, you’ll be able to skate into the evening hours and enjoy this fun winter pastime even more. Here are ten great ideas for lighting your backyard ice rink.
- Use floodlights: Floodlights are a great way to light up a large area like a backyard rink. You can mount them on poles around the perimeter of the rink or on your house. Be sure to point the lights downward so they don’t shine in your eyes while you’re skating.
- Line the perimeter with string lights: String lights are a festive way to light up your ice rink. You can wrap them around the perimeter of the rink or line them along the edge of the rink. They’ll provide enough light to see where you’re going and add some extra sparkle to your skating experience.
- Hang lanterns from trees: If you have trees in your backyard, take advantage of them by hanging lanterns from their branches. This will provide a warm, inviting light for your skating rink. Make sure the lanterns are securely fastened so they don’t fall and break.
- Place candles around the rink: Candles are a romantic way to light up your backyard ice rink. You can place them around the perimeter of the rink or set them up in holders along the edge of the rink. Be sure to use battery-operated candles so there’s no risk of fire.
- Use solar lights: Solar lights are a great option for lighting up your backyard ice rink. They’re easy to install and require no wiring. Just place them around the perimeter of the rink and let the sun do its work.
- Line the rink with LED lights: LED lights are becoming more popular for lighting up all types of outdoor spaces. You can line your backyard ice rink with them to provide a bright, even light. Be sure to get waterproof lights so they don’t short out when they come in contact with the water.
- Use accent lights: In addition to providing general lighting, you can use accent lights to highlight certain features of your rink. For example, you could place spotlights on trees or sculptures around the rink. Or, you could use string lights to create a design in the ice.
- Install floodlights under the rink: If you have an above-ground rink, you can install floodlights underneath it to light up the ice. This is a great way to make sure the entire rink is well-lit.
- Place lights in the corners: It can be tricky to light up all the corners of a backyard rink. You can solve this problem by placing lights in the corners of the rink. This will ensure that there are no dark spots where skaters could trip and fall.
- Use a lighted sign: A lighted sign is a fun way to add some personality to your backyard rink. You can use it to welcome skaters or display your favorite team’s logo. Be sure to get a sign that’s big enough to be seen from a distance.
These are just a few ideas for lighting up your backyard ice rink. With a little creativity, you can come up with even more ways to make your rink shine. So, get out there and enjoy skating under the stars!
786 Eagle Ridge Trail, Stillwater, MN 55082