10 Must-Haves for Your Hockey Rink Kit
Hockey is a sport that is enjoyed by people of all ages, and what’s not to like about it? It’s a fast-paced, action-packed game that is perfect for those cold winter days. If you’re lucky enough to have your own backyard hockey rink, then you know how much fun it can be to play hockey with your friends and family. However, setting up a backyard hockey rink kit can be a bit of a daunting task, especially if you’re not sure what you need.
A hockey rink kit is a great way to get everything you need to set up your own backyard rink. These kits typically include all of the necessary materials, such as boards, nets, and puck stoppers. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the 10 must-haves for your hockey rink kit.
- Hockey Rink Liner: The first thing you’ll need for your hockey rink is a liner. This will create a smooth, level surface for your rink. You can find liners made of different materials, such as plastic or polyethylene.
- Rink Boards: Once you have your liner, you’ll need to install rink boards around the perimeter. This will create a barrier that will keep the puck from flying out of the rink. You can find boards made of different materials, such as wood or PVC.
- Rink Netting: Rink netting is necessary to contain the puck within the playing area. You’ll want to make sure that the netting is high enough to prevent the puck from flying over it.
- Puck Stoppers: Puck stoppers are installed at the corners of the rink and help to keep the puck from bouncing out of play. They can be made of different materials, such as rubber or foam.
- Snow Shovels: A few snow shovels will come in handy for clearing the playing surface before each game.
- Ice Scraper: An ice scraper is a necessity for keeping the rink clean and free of debris.
- Rink Marking Kit: A rink marking kit includes all of the necessary tools for creating lines and markings on the ice surface. This is important for maintaining a regulation-size rink.
- Broomball Set: Broomball is a great game to play on your hockey rink. It’s similar to hockey, but played with brooms and a ball instead of sticks and a puck. You can find broomball sets that include everything you need to play, such as sticks, balls, and nets.
- Zamboni: A Zamboni is a machine that is used to clean and maintain an ice rink. If you’re serious about keeping your rink in top condition, then you’ll need to invest in a Zamboni.
- Hockey Rink Lights: Hockey rink lights are necessary for playing at night or in low-light conditions. You can find lights that are specifically designed for use on hockey rinks.
With these 10 must-haves for your hockey rink kit, you’ll be well on your way to setting up your own backyard rink. Just add some cold weather and you’ll be ready to skate away.
786 Eagle Ridge Trail, Stillwater, MN 55082