What Size Outdoor Rink Kit Do I Need?
If you’re looking to create an outdoor rink this winter, you’ll need to take a few things into consideration. One of the most important factors is the size of your rink – you’ll want to make sure that you have enough room to move around and play. So, what size outdoor rink kit do you need? Read on for more information!
The size of your outdoor rink will depend on a few factors, including the number of people who will be using it and the type of skating you’ll be doing. For example, if you’re looking to host public skating sessions or hockey games, you’ll need a larger rink. On the other hand, if you’re just looking for a place to skate around with your family and friends, a smaller rink will suffice.
When determining the size of your rink, it’s important to consider the space you have available. If you have a large backyard, you can go as big as you want! However, if you’re limited on space, there are still plenty of options – you can build a smaller rink or even create an indoor rink.
No matter what size rink you choose, you’ll need a few key components to get started. These include:
- Rink liner: This is the base of your rink and will create a smooth, level surface for skating.
- Plywood boards: You’ll use these to frame the perimeter of your rink.
- Snow fencing: This will help contain the snow around your rink and create a barrier between the skating surface and the rest of your yard.
- Brackets: These will be used to secure the plywood boards to the ground.
- Shovels: You’ll need shovels to clear snow from the skating surface and maintain it throughout the winter.
Here are a few factors to consider when choosing an outdoor rink kit:
- Size: Make sure to choose a kit that is the right size for your backyard. You don’t want to end up with a rink that is too small or too large.
- Budget: Outdoor rink kits can vary in price, so make sure to choose one that fits within your budget.
- Quality: It’s important to choose a high-quality kit that will last throughout the winter.
- Ease of assembly: Choose a kit that is easy to assemble, so you can get started skating as soon as possible!
- Location: Make sure to choose a level spot in your yard for the rink. If you have a sloped yard, you may need to level out the area before assembling the kit.
- Surface: Make sure to choose a kit that comes with a surface that is suitable for skating. Some kits come with an artificial surface that simulates ice, while others come with a real-ice surface.
The benefits of having outdoor rinks are numerous. Not only will you be able to skate in your own backyard, but you’ll also have a great place to host parties and gatherings. An outdoor rink is also a great way to get some exercise during the winter months.
786 Eagle Ridge Trail, Stillwater, MN 55082